We’re always on the lookout for writers who want to provide coverage in the form of interviews, reviews, or opinion pieces pertaining to the Hip Hop culture, Electronic music, dance and art of all platforms or any other idea that might fit the general mission of our website. If you’re serious about working with us, read the rest of this page carefully and follow all instructions found here. Any submissions that violate these instructions will be deleted immediately.
What we’re not looking for are requests from content marketers or overseas specialists looking for backlinks or advertising on established blogs. We’re all experienced writers and we’ve seen it all–if you’re writing subpar articles and trying to pass them off as content, don’t bother.
What we are looking for are in-depth articles on relevant happenings dealing with Hip Hop and Electronic music, dance and performance, or news and musings about the arts in general. General article titles like “5 reasons your band isn’t making it” won’t be accepted. Be creative and pitch us something unique. For those interested, send an email to Andy O. and Shontelle Reyna at Earthlings@EarthlingsEntertainment.com — be sure to include:
- Subject line: “Write for Us – Title of Your Article”
- Reason you want to write for us
- Links to previously published articles
- Article pitch in the body, or completed article text in the body of the email (we WILL NOT open attachments unsolicited, so do not send them–we will delete them on site)
- You may use links in the body of your article as references. Irrelevant links will be deleted. Do not mask links with click trackers.
- Separate list of links used as references in article (if you don’t send this list, or if you are missing any links in it that are in the body of the article, we’ll probably call shenanigans and delete the article)
If you’re still reading this, go ahead and send us an email, even if it’s just to say hey and start a conversation. We have these guidelines to keep the content on our site top notch, but we’re really not a bunch of stiffs. There are simply too many poorly written articles being peddled around the internet nowadays, and we like to separate the wheat from the chaff. Hit us up using the email above or use the form on our contact page.